The eagle is the mascot of East Dayton Christian School. Knowing that students in grades 9-12 are faced with issues that can ultimately shape the rest of their lives, EDCS strives to teach the strength and resilience of the eagle as defined in Isaiah 40:31. Weekly chapels and community outreach provide opportunities for students to prepare for and engage in outreach ministries. The mission of EDCS is equipping students for leadership and service.
EDCS offers a high school program to prepare students for college, military, or a career field. At EDCS a variety of biblically-integrated courses are offered including college credit plus.
Highlights of HS curriculum:
- Standard and honors diploma tracks
- Variety of course offerings (web link to course of study)
- Drone program
- 1:1 Technology beginning fall 2019
- College Credit Plus Program (put a button to go to infoweb link to college credit plus info)
- Guidance Counselor offers one-on-one college counseling and course planning that begins in grade 9.
- Extracurricular activities include socials, sports, and student clubs.
- Award Winning Traveling Concert Choir
- Students may participate in ASCI student activities throughout the year.
- All students participate in state testing assessments.